When we say "YES"

Tonight as I sat at my kitchen table with my Bible Study friends, I felt my heart bubbling up with gratitude. We spent 3 hours reading through 2 chapters of scripture, sharing thoughts and ideas, laughing and eating, and enjoying one another's company. Every other Friday night I get to spend time with these lovely ladies and learn more about our Heavenly Father. 

As we sat together this evening I realized that we have been getting together for Bible Study for a year and a half now! It seems like we just started a few months ago but already a year and a half has passed!  I also thought about all the previous months I felt God nudging me, telling me to begin a neighborhood Bible Study. For at least 6 months I knew that God wanted me to step out in faith and begin a study in my neighborhood but I ignored Him. I had a million excuses.... "I'm too tired. I'm a homeschooling mom with three boys, I'm too busy. I don't know many people in the neighborhood. I don't have time. I've never lead a Bible Study, etc, etc, etc."

I finally decided to go for it when I realized this nudging from God was only going to increase! I am so glad I did. Now, we have a group of 5 ladies that faithfully study God's Word together. We encourage one another and pray together. We have so much fun and we're learning a ton! I cannot imagine life now without my Bible Study girls! 

So, this is what happen when we say "YES" to God? He really does have such good plans for us! Even when we aren't sure we have time or don't have confidence in ourselves, or have fears and doubts, God's plans are always what's best. He knows what we need and how we can be blessing to others! It is my prayer that I will hear His voice more clearly and have the courage to say "Yes" more quickly!

Today I am thankful for the nights of Bible Study that God has allowed me to enjoy with the ladies in my neighborhood. He has blessed me so much by placing this group of friends in my life. I am grateful that when I ignored Him, He kept pushing me. He knew our neighborhood needed a Bible Study group and He didn't give up on me. When we say "yes" to God, He is faithful to use us and bring glory to Himself through us. I am so honored, so grateful and so excited to see what the future holds!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes