Be At Rest O My Soul.....

A few years ago Bryan and I started a journal to record God's activity in our lives. God is always at work, of course, but we like to record the situations and circumstances where it is obvious that God has been active. We call it the "Works of the Lord" journal. We began the journal at a time when we were praying for God to increase our faith. The journal builds our faith as we recall all that God has done! It reminds us of His faithfulness!

We recently started using this journal as a part of our family devotions. We flip to the day's date and read what has happened in the past on that day and write any new activity in it as well. It is so much fun to see what we've written because most of it we have forgotten. It's also neat to share with our children what God has done in the past. Tonight, during our devotions, we read that on November 8th in 2013 we signed the contract for our little house to be sold. It had been on the market for 2 and 1/2 years so on this day last year, we were celebrating!! That contract was an answer to prayer and the beginning of an amazing year. We didn't know it then but 2 months later we would find out we were expecting our third child. 3 months later my worker's comp case settled. 7 months later we moved in our new home (the perfect home for us, I might add). And 11 months later we would give birth to our 3rd son. A lot has happened in a year and it all began on this day in 2013. It's so wonderful to reflect on all that God has done. It reveals so much of His character. He loves us so much! He has been so good to us!

Psalm 116:7 "Be at rest once more, O my soul, for the Lord has been good to you." 

Today I am thankful for God's activity in our lives and for this journal that we started to keep track of all He has done. I would have never remembered that we signed that contract on November 8th but the journal reminded me and caused my soul to be at rest, knowing that God has been so good to me. I am also thankful that my boys are able to see how God has been at work in our lives. As they grow, I hope they'll start writing in our journal as well. In 10-15 years, this book will have an abundance of works of the Lord recorded in it! It will be a testament of God's goodness to our family and it will surely cause our souls to be at rest!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes