And some tacky Christmas sweaters....

We had a Christmas Party with our Sunday School class this evening. It was hilarious because we all wore our tackiest Christmas sweaters! It was so much fun to see everyone wearing such gaudy sweaters! We also ate a lot of yummy food, played  fun games and all took a "Rednack Santa" gift home with us. This is our version of "Dirty Santa" but instead of buying a gift, everyone brings something from home they no longer want. Bryan ended up with a lingerie bag and I ended up with a 3 foot Christmas tree. You've gotta love "Redneck Santa!"
Our Sunday School Class (minus a few) in our tacky sweaters
Games!
Redneck Santa.....there's the lingerie bag!
Me and my hubby!  Wow, those sweaters are ugly!
After looking at these photos, I'm sure its no surprise that Bryan won the Ugly Sweater contest! He did have some competition though! All these sweaters were hideous!

Bryan won 1st place, Carly (in red) won 2nd place, and Halley (in black) won 3rd place
And yes, it is even reversible!
Today I an thankful for our Sunday School class. This group of folks is a true example of how the Body of Christ is supposed to be. We enjoy spending time together, we pray for one another, we study God's Word together, we serve each other and with one another, and everyone can just be themselves. I am also grateful for a wonderful Christmas party. With our recent move and the passing of my grandfather, it just hasn't seemed like Christmas to me. I needed tonight's party to spark the Christmas excitement! Now I'm ready to enjoy all the festivities! But I think I'll retire our tacky Christmas sweaters! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes