So Much More Than a Star...

 I've been very excited to see the much anticipated "Christmas Star!" This evening, as soon as the sun began to go down, my family took our telescope out to an open parking lot so we could get a good glimpse of it.  Our telescope wasn't working right and the star wasn't quite as big as I had imagined but still, I was touched by this star.

 

Saturn and Jupiter only align this way every 800 years. Even though this has been a tough year for most, today on the darkest day of 2020, an incredible light shown in the sky. A light that hasn't shown for 800 years prior. That just blows my mind.

And that got me thinking, I wonder why God chose to use a star to lead the wisemen to Jesus. I bet it's because

Light overcomes Darkness.

Jesus is also often referred to as the Light of the World. Have you ever wondered God chose to use LIGHT as a reference for His Son? Maybe it’s because light is the one thing darkness has no control over.

John 1:5 The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it.

Darkness does have great power. Think about what dwells in the darkness….secrets, pain, crimes, lies, hatred, fear, abuse, etc.

But consider a room that has gone black because of a power outage. What happens when a match is lit? That tiny flame causes hope to arise within us because we are no longer covered in darkness and unable to see what’s happening around us. 

This year has been difficult but seeing the "Christmas Star" tonight, causes new hope to arise! I am so grateful for that today!

💖Tori


Below I've included a few pictures of the star from here and there. Some were taken by me, others were not. Some were taken with a phone and others with an expensive, heavy-duty camera. Regardless of how each photo turned out, these pictures are proof that we have hope!










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes