Scrabble With a Five Year Old!


Tyson loves to spend "one-on-one" time with Bryan and I. It's definitely his favorite thing to do. This evening he watched Bryan and I play Scrabble while his siblings watched a movie. Once our game was over, Tyson got everything set up again and said, "It's T against T!" I looked at him and asked, "We're playing now?" He responded with, "DUH!"


I thought he would just be playing with the tiles. I mean, Scrabble isn't an easy game! I couldn't have been more wrong. He passed out the tiles, created words, counted up the points, and kept score. It was so much fun to watch him learning and working hard to play correctly. 


And guess what??? Tyson won!!! He was so proud of himself! I was proud of him too!

Today I am grateful for a fun evening with my sweet five year old, Tyson. He is a joy to be around. He is kind and generous and well-behaved. He loves to snuggle and take care of others. He also loves to spend quality time with his family and that's exactly what we were able to do this evening. He has grown so much over the past year. I'm blown away with how smart and self-motivated he is. I am so incredibly thankful for special moments with my buddy. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes