Allison's First Dance Recital!!!!


 Last August, Allison began her first dance class at Vision Dance in Thomasville, NC. She loved it from the very first class! It was such a joy for me to get her dressed in her leotard each week and take her to dance class because I began taking dance at her age too. I took dance until I graduated from high school so it was always a big part of my life. Having a daughter to enjoy dance with was always something I hoped for. 

Vision Dance is the perfect dance studio for our family because its really more of a ministry. Mrs. Jenny is teaching the young ladies a beautiful way to worship our Heavenly Father. They pray together and dance to praise music. The dance moves are age appropriate and the costumes are modest. I never have to worry about Allison hearing inappropriate songs or learning dance moves that I wouldn't approve of.

This year of dance ended up being very different because of COVID-19. In March, Mrs. Jenny began having dance classes via Zoom. I'm not sure why but Allison hated it! She would not dance in our living room while watching her teacher on the TV. We all tried dancing with her. She danced a little bit with Bryan and with Evan but for the most part, nothing we tried helped. When we were finally able to return to classes as usual, Allison said she didn't want to go. She was confused, I'm sure, because dance had been really weird for a while. After her first class back, Allison was back to loving it again! 

This weekend Vision Dance had their recital. It wasn't the recital I imagined for Allison's first year of dance but I am so grateful that Mrs. Jenny was able to come up with a safe way for the girls to show off all they've learned this year. Each group did their dance and it was videoed for a special DVD. Later this week I'll get to watch Allison's first dance recital. I can't wait to watch all the young ladies perform the dances they've worked so hard on this year!







Today I am grateful that Allison has the opportunity to be a part of such a wonderful dance ministry. I'm thankful that even during a worldwide pandemic, dance continued for all the girls involved. And thankfully, Allison still likes dance even though the Zoom version wasn't her favorite! This definitely wasn't the first year of dance I imagined for Allison but it makes my heart so happy to watch my little girl dance! I can't wait to watch her first recital and many more to come!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes