Just What We Needed

This morning was rough. I mean really rough. After six days in quarantine, the kids are a little on edge. The parents are too, honestly. I woke up in a lot of pain because of my autoimmune disorder and the morning started with the kids bickering and getting on each other's nerves. Then the dog threw up four times and it was like pulling teeth to get our school work done today, too. 

This afternoon, however, peace returned to our family. We ventured outside to play with sidewalk puffy paint and then decided to go fishing in the pond beside our house. It was wonderful to sit by the pond and relax with no reason to rush. I loved watching Evan catch multiple fish and then try to get Allison to touch them. It was so sweet to watch Tyson carry his little chair around and then sit beside his Dad. It was also fun to watch Dylan and Evan race their handmade boats in the pond. I enjoyed the cool breeze and the praise music playing from my phone. It was a beautiful, warm afternoon and it was just what we needed.











Today I am grateful for a lovely afternoon with my family. We've been outside every day of the Coronavirus quarantine but this was the first time we took chairs and fishing rods down to the pond. As I sat beside my husband and watched my kids play and laugh, gratitude filled my heart. These are scary times and things are just plain weird, for everyone, but this afternoon was beautiful and I truly enjoyed the easy, anxiety-free time together. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes