And a Thousand Generations


I heard a song today, for the first time, that blessed my soul tremendously. The song's name is so fitting, its called "The Blessing." Its full of the most beautiful scriptures. One verse says, "May His favor be upon you, and a thousand generations, and your family, and your children, and their children, and their children." 

It's funny, but I've never really even thought much about about my children's children. Hearing that verse in the song caused something to well up within me. I suddenly had a deep concern and love for the generations that will follow me. My children, my grandchildren, my great-grandchildren...May His favor be upon them. 
What a sweet prayer that is! 

Today I am thankful for songs and scripture that bless my heart tremendously. I am also grateful for the desire God has placed within my heart to pray for the generations that will come after me. It's really an incredible thought, that my prayers might impact the lives of a thousand generations.

Here's the lyrics to the song. The Youtube Video is below. 
If you take the time to listen, you'll be so glad you did!


The Lord bless you
And keep you
Make His face shine upon you
And be gracious to you
The Lord turn His
Face toward you
And give you peace

May His favor be upon you
And a thousand generations
And your family and your children
And their children, and their children

May His presence go before you
And behind you, and beside you
All around you, and within you
He is with you, He is with you

In the morning, in the evening
In your coming, and your going
In your weeping, and rejoicing

He is for you, He is for you




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes