Growing and Learning Together

Over the past several months something new has started happening in our home. Evan has always boldly prayed for healing anytime someone is sick or hurt but recently, Tyson has started doing this also! This 3 year old says the most precious prayers in his tiny little voice! He also asks for prayer anytime he doesn't feel well or gets a booboo. Tonight Tyson stumped his toe and he said, "The floor hit my foot, Mom." I asked him if he was ok and he replied, "I will be after you pray for me."

I love his faith! I love his desire to run immediately to the Father!

Dylan has also matured spiritually over the past few months. It is amazing to watch God working in his life. Earlier tonight he told us that God wanted him to pray for Bryan's back or arm so he asked Bryan if his back or arm had been hurting. Bryan's shoulder has been bothering him at night so of course, Dylan quickly prayed for complete healing in his dad's shoulder. He was so happy that he had listened to God's prompting!

Recently I've had plantar fasciitis in my left foot. For a few days it was terrible. I couldn't walk without wearing a boot and even then, I was in constant pain. Plantar fasciitis typically takes weeks or months to heal. I've been dealing with the pain for a little over a week. We've been praying as a family, some children prayed over my foot at church on Sunday, my homeschool co-op friends have been praying and today, the pain has decreased greatly! I was able to wear a regular shoe! I was expecting to be dealing with this for months, just because thats typical but God is healing my foot and I fully believe its because of all the earnest prayers my family and friends.

Ah, Lord GOD! It is you who have made the heavens and the earth by your great power and by your outstretched arm! Nothing is too hard for you. Jeremiah 32:17

That verse is the memory verse for the kids at church currently. I absolutely love it! Nothing is too hard for our God! That is a promise and its one we can hold on to! My kids believe this, that is why they have no problem asking God boldly for healing! They know it is easy for God to do something so incredible! 

Today I am grateful for the ways my children are growing in Jesus! There is nothing more important to me than them growing into the people God created them to be and walking closely with Him. I pray this over them often and He is faithful! He is leading them, guiding them, and speaking to them! I am also grateful for the example they are setting for me. As a child I never prayed boldly, so now I find myself doubting at times or worrying about all the what-ifs when I pray. My children are teaching me to talk to God without any hindrance. Just pure belief that my prayer is heard and my Father is at work, always. I want to pray like my kids do! How amazing is it that we are all learning and growing in Jesus, together!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes