With and Without the Armor

A couple of months ago the boys and I learned a lot about Armor of God, found in Ephesians 6:10-18. We made "armor" so the kids could literally dress themselves in it and spent days discussing each specific item the scripture tells us about. We were even acting it all out each morning. Someone made fun of me for doing that with my kids and although I shouldn't have let that bother me, the habit slowly faded away. 

Over the past few weeks, I've noticed more and more battles we are fighting, individually and as a family. Ephesians 6: 12 says, "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers authorities, and powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." No matter what we're facing, Satan is behind it.  But we have all we need to stand against him.

The boys and I did an experiment today during school that gave us a clear picture of what happens to believers who do not wear the armor of God compared to those who do.




Without the armor of God wrapped around us, protecting us, we will surely sink and drown. But when we wear the armor of God, we will stay afloat! 

Letting that person's opinion stop me from teaching my kids to  put on the armor of God was a mom fail, for sure! As adults we need to get up each morning and put the armor on ourselves but, its hard because most of us were never taught much about it and quite frankly,  it seems pretty silly and weird. Am I right? 
What if we had been taught this as kids? What if it were something we'd done every day since 2nd grade? Learning to fight with the Spirit of Truth and protect ourselves with the Shield of Faith is something we NEED to teach our children, even when others think its silly.  

As I've watched my family fight these battles over the past few weeks without their armor, my heart has been broken.  So, I decided to write a poem for us to read together each morning as we dress ourselves in the Armor of God. I've posted the poem below, just in case anyone else wants to use it. Life is hard, times are tough, and things are only getting worse as time goes on. Our babies need to know the tools available to them to protect themselves and to fight their true enemy! 

I don't want to go another day without making this a priority. 
Without the armor, we will surely sink and drown. With the armor, we are protected and we are safe! 
Thank you, Father, for the armor that protects us from our enemies!




I Wear The Armor Of God!

People and situations are not the real enemies in this life.
I am fighting Satan. It’s always him causing strife.

My God has provided an armor to protect me as I fight.
My job is to choose to wear it- morning, noon, and night.

I place the Helmet of Salvation firmly on my head.
It protects my mind from thoughts and lies the enemy has said.

I put on the Breastplate of Righteousness, it protects my heart.
When the enemy calls me unworthy, his accusations fall apart.

I wrap the Belt of Truth firmly around my waist.
It will strengthen me and remind me, that Satan has no case.

I step both feet into the Shoes of Peace. Stay alert and stand firm.
I share the hope of Jesus and it makes the enemy squirm.

I embrace the Shield of Faith, it protects me from fiery darts.
Insults, setbacks, and temptations have no power over my heart.

I pick up the Sword of the Spirit. I’m ready to fight with God’s Word.
Even Jesus fought temptation with this razor-sharp sword!

As I wear this compete armor, I walk with Confidence and Authority.
I am protected from all evil and God gives ME the VICTORY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes