Allison's Dollhouse!

Several of my most vivid childhood memories involve playing with a big wooden dollhouse. It was one of my favorite things to do for many years. I especially loved all the little pieces of furniture. I spent hours decorating and arranging furniture and pretending with my dolls.

Yesterday I bought a hand-me-down dollhouse for Allison. I was contemplating where to buy some furniture for her to play with when a light bulb went off in my head--I remembered a box my mom had given me a couple of years ago. I dug through Allison's closet to find it and when I did, I was so excited to see that the box was full of the miniature furniture I played with as a child! 

Allison was thrilled to see the furniture as well. She immediately reached into the box and pulled out assorted pieces, placing them throughout the house. We still need to get a couple items but for the most part, her house is fully furnished! I loved watching my sweet girl play with the furniture I always loved playing with!

Allison LOVES her doll house!
She had so much fun!
As we got out the furniture, I cleaned each piece. I noticed the
drawers of one chest were filled with little pieces of cloth. I remember cutting those pieces and pretending they were blankets that I could fold and put in the baby's drawers.I guess I never took those "blankets" out. 
I could barely get Allison dressed this morning before she was playing with
the dollhouse again! She absolutely loves her new dollhouse!
She could play for hours!


Today I am thankful for memories. It was really wonderful to pull out all those pieces of furniture and recall all the memories attached to them. I really enjoyed watching Allison playing with the toys that I used to play with.  I am also grateful for the big beautiful smile on Allison's face when she she saw the dollhouse for the first time. She was so excited to have this huge dollhouse in her room! I look forward to years of fun and memories being made!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes