We Have No Clue!


Lately, my family has been watching the nature series, "Blue Planet" and "Planet Earth." If you've never seen either of these Netflix series, you must! They are both award-winning and absolutely incredible! Everyone in our family enjoys them because not only do we see the most amazing creatures but we also learn a whole lot!

Every time we watch an episode, Bryan's jaw ends up on the floor.  Seriously, we are both floored by the unbelievable animals God has created. Each and everyone points to His creativity!

These photos and GIFs don't even begin to do these creatures justice but I just have to show you a few of the ones that have blown my mind the most!

This is called the Bird of Paradise. What you see here is its mating dance! After it clears out a pathway, it changes its appearance dramatically to woo its mate. How incredible is that? 

This Cuttlefish literally lights up, changes colors, and hypnotizes its prey. It's like a living strobe light.


This is REAL! I'm not joking y'all! There are thousands of these astonishing cora polyps living in the deep blue ocean!


This is called the Barreleye Fish. Its head is transparent so it can gaze upward to find its dinner. What in the world??? This fish is see-through!

You know how slow sloths are, right? Well, not when they're looking for
a mating partner!!! They're amazing swimmers too! And just look at those nails! These animals are crazy!
I could seriously share a hundred more! Just when you think you've grasped how awesome God is, you'll see the most fascinating animals, fish, insects, and plants on these series. As I watched an episode this afternoon, it occurred to me that we have absolutely no idea what our God is capable of! He has made each and every critter on this earth and there are probably tons that no one has even discovered yet.  Our God is so incredibly creative! He deserves so much glory!

Today I am grateful for the many beautiful creatures we have seen while watching these series. With each animal or fish, I see, I am more amazed and more in awe of the God we serve. He is so able and so aware of every detail. He can be trusted! He is not limited to my ideas or limited knowledge. I have no clue what He is capable of! I am so grateful for that!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes