Snow Day = Family Day!

Last night, while we were all asleep, it started snowing like crazy and it hasn't stopped all day. We literally have a foot of snow! I don't remember seeing this much snow, ever! Being stuck inside for most of the day gave us a lot of time to make cookies, play games, watch movies, and spend quality time together. I think snow is beautiful but honestly, I'm not the biggest fan of it, but being able to enjoy a relaxing day and do fun things together as a family all day, makes me love the snow!

We spent all morning making homemade Moravian cookies like the ones I made with my Grandma Davis throughout my childhood. This is one of our favorite Christmas traditions.
I had fun with my fellas! 
So many yummy Moravian cookies! The kids ate a ton of them too. And Tyson made at least 20 for Santa Claus!


We also played in the snow, just for a bit. It was like a blizzard out there so none of us stayed very long. Allison didn't like it one bit so I brought her inside three minutes after taking this picture. We enjoyed watching Peppa Pig by the fire while her brothers played.
Tyson and I wrapped what seemed like 100 presents. He was so much fun to wrap gifts with. He is a great helper!

Allison also enjoyed snuggling with Daddy today. She actually snuggled with me some too. It was the perfect day for it!

We ended the day with Family Movie Night! We watched Mowgli. The kids enjoyed it. It was a nice way to end our day together.

Today I am grateful for the snow that caused us to pause and enjoy quality time together as a family. We had a wonderful family day! I am also thankful for the traditions and activities that we have to enjoy together. It always warms my heart so much to make Moravian cookies with my kids. I love passing on such a special memory of my grandmother.

I believe God gives us these days to slow down and really take it all in....all that He has given us. Regardless of our situations or circumstances, if we just take a moment to truly take pleasure in our many blessings, we will see that there is so very much to be grateful for!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes