My Little Helper

One of my favorite parts of the Christmas season is all the baking and craft making! It's just so much fun! My kids really enjoy it too. Each year we make several ornaments and gifts plus tons of cookies and yummy treats. The big boys have still enjoyed helping this year but Tyson just can't get enough! He has helped with every project, craft, cookie, and gift. In the mornings he has been asking, "Well, what are we going to make today?"

So far this Christmas season we've made homemade Moravian cookies, Stained Glass Window ornaments, Ugly Sweater Cookies, Puppy Chow (or some call it Muddy Buddies), Chex Mix, Oatmeal cookies, a footprint penguin painting, snow baby ornaments, and Stovetop Potpourri Gift bags. Tyson has enjoyed helping with each one!

Look at that sweet face!

He's really such a good a listener and so excited to learn how to make things.

He loved making the oatmeal cookies!

Painting Snow Baby Ornaments!

Applying the glitter! (And making a HUGE mess!)



They turned out really cute! Tyson basically did these by himself.

Every year I do a cute painting with all of their footprints. I love how this year's turned out.


Everyone helped with the Stovetop Potpourri Gift bags!

So pretty and they smell heavenly!

Today I am grateful for the many wonderful memories being made in our home. We have so much fun making crafts and baking! I love the quality time we spend together! I am also thankful for my little helper, Tyson. At four years old, he is very gentle and such a good listener. He waits for me to give him instructions and watches me very closely, then he carefully does the task I've given him. It's fun to have Tyson as a helper because he really does help instead of just making a mess! He bubbles up with joy every time he gets to be my assistant! It's so bittersweet to watch my babies grow up. It makes me sad that Tyson is not a baby any longer but I love watching him grow in the little man God created him to be.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes