The Magic of Christmas!

Christmas was so exciting this year! (Having a 10, 7, 4, and 1 year old makes every day exciting, actually.) Honestly though, I had so much fun watching my children enjoy all the traditions and festive activities. Experiencing Christmas with our kiddos makes it so special for us. 

It occurred to me that the sense of magic they experience won't last forever and that this could very well be the last Christmas that all of our children experience it. It makes my eyes well up with tears even now just to think of it but, it's true because our oldest will be 11 years old next Christmas. A lot changes in a year for a growing boy! Knowing that this year could be the last entirely magical Christmas caused me to be more present and more aware, and for that I am grateful.  I loved every minute of this Christmas with my babies!

















Today I am grateful for the magic of Christmas and the excitement I witnessed in each of my children this year! We definitely had an amazing Christmas together! The look on their faces and the joy in their squeals proved that! I am also thankful that even though some of the "magic" will fade as they grow older, the true miracle of Christmas, which will always be full of wonder, will become more and more of the focus for each them as they grow in their relationship with their Savior.  Christmas truly is the most magically time of the year!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes