The NEW Memorial Garden!

 Yesterday the moms and kids from our small group put the finishing touches on the new Memorial Garden for the Unborn at New Life Family Outreach. Since the ministry moved to a new building at the beginning of the year, the memorial garden needed to be redesigned and recreated at the new location. Some folks from our church did a lot of hard work to prepare the ground, lay the bricks, install the statue, place the benches, and put out a lot of mulch. Our small group got to pick out flowers and plants for the garden and then plant them. It was really hot but we had a great time. The finished product is beautiful!









The Memorial Garden is a very special place for me because we have a brick in honor of our two babies that are in Heaven. It was very important to me that the garden be put back together so that all of the bricks representing unborn babies can be seen and the babies can be remembered. It warmed my heart so much to see the completed garden today!



The kids worked so hard and they did a wonderful job!
This is the best picture we could get but I love it!
Me with my kiddos, sitting next to the brick in memory
of our 2 babies in Heaven.

 Today I am grateful for all the hard work that went into restoring the Memorial Garden for the Unborn. It is such a special place for so many families. The bricks had been sitting in a stack for several months since the move. I'm so thankful that some very handy folks took on this project and did it so well. It really turned out beautifully! I am also grateful for the healing that God has given me through New Life Family Outreach and this garden. I've helped in the garden on and off for years. The first couple times I was secretly hiding parts of my past. Now, as I helped put the finishing touches on this new garden, I couldn't help but be filled with joy that I am free from shame and guilt and can serve alongside this ministry to help others find freedom as well. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes