"Not Your Average Co-op"

Today was the last meeting of the semester for our new co-op, Students of the Spirit. It's hard to believe the semester is already over! It seems like only yesterday this co-op was just an idea God had placed in my mind.  It's hard to believe it came to fruition and has been such a success! 

At last week's meeting all of the homeschool moms were asked to anonymously write down things they liked and/or disliked about the co-op. Also to share things they would like to see being done differently or things that need to be added to the co-op. I've had the chance to read all of their notes and I have to say, I am so incredibly grateful that God has blessed our homeschool community with this new co-op and that He has allowed me to be the leader of it. Check out the sweet things these mommas said....







When I began praying over and planning this co-op, all I knew for certain is that I didn't want this to be a typical co-op. I wanted it to be something special, led by the Holy Spirit, and a gift for the families involved. With help from some very special people at HopeCity, the "not your average co-op" I had dreamed of came to life. You can tell by the notes above that Students of the Spirit has been a sweet blessing to so many of us.

It warms my heart so much to know that SOS is providing an environment of life where children are encountering God, growing healthy relationships with other children, getting fed spiritually and diving deeper in the Word. The moms feel they are getting as much out of the co-op as the kids are, which is incredible! Homeschool moms need something like this! 

While many of these ideas have been mine and I have spent time organizing everything for the co-op, God has done all of this! It's been my honor to be a part of it and watch the Holy Spirit use it to bless the 44 children who have attended this semester, and their families. I could have never guessed how amazing it would be! I am abundantly grateful for Students of the Spirit, for the families that have been a part of it, and for the all the ways our children have grown this semester! I can't wait to see what the future holds!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes