A Decade.

A Decade. Ten years. 120 months. 521.4 weeks. 3,650 days. 87,000 hours. 5,256,000 minutes. 315,360,000 seconds. That's how long I've been a Mommy.

I always knew I wanted children but nothing could have ever prepared me for how much these little people would mean to me. On this day, ten years ago, when I held my sweet Dylan for the first time, I became the woman who God created me to be. Yes, I am a wife and a teacher and a friend and a daughter and a sister and a designer but I now know that one of the main reasons God created me is to be the mommy to these 4 little blessings. 

My first few moments of being a Mommy

When I look at Dylan today I can barely even believe he is ten years old. Where in the world did ten years go? Every mom with older kids has told me to enjoy every minute because it flies by! I've caught myself saying it too because it couldn't be more true. The only thing is, I don't know to hold on to every minute. They slip by no matter what I do. 

10 years of being a Mommy

I believe Moses understood this dilemma as well. He is said to have written Psalm 90. Verse 12 of that Psalm says, "teach us to number our days, that we may gain a heart of wisdom." I like how the Passion translation puts it, "Help us to remember that our days are numbered, and help us to interpret our lives correctly." Moses new how fast a decade flew by and he knew that without God's help, we would end up at the end of our lives and wish we had handled our time differently. We need to interpret this life correctly so we live it correctly, without regret----with a heart of wisdom!

If the next 10 years go as quickly as the past 10 years, and I'm sure they will, I will be a 45 year old mom with a 20 year old son in no time! My prayer is that I will interpret that time wisely; that God will help me to remember how quickly the days go by. I pray that He will help us make the most of the time we have together as a family of 6, living under the same roof. 

Today I am grateful for the moment I became a Mommy, ten years ago today. My life has been forever changed and I have found a huge part of the purpose for my life. God has blessed me with the most amazing children and I could not be more thankful for the gift of being their mom. I am also grateful for the shock Dylan's first double-digit birthday has caused me. I cannot believe he is a decade old. It has caused me to pause and recall how quickly the time goes. I pray it will continue to help me interpret my life correctly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes