He Knows What He's Doing...

I am almost 38 weeks pregnant and I'm honestly very, very ready to hold this baby girl! In fact, last week I was begging God that this baby would make her entrance during my 37th week, just like two of  her big brothers did. I'm ashamed to say it but I was a little angry with God. Why wouldn't she come already? Doesn't He know I'm miserable and so tired of being pregnant? At 34 weeks my doctor said she was trying to come too early and informed me that I "had to keep her in there another week." So to go three more weeks without a sign of her coming, just really aggravated me.

But God......

He knows what He's doing. He can see what's coming. He is in control. He has our best interest at heart. Since my hissy fit with God, all three of my boys have had a stomach virus. Two of them are better now but my Evan is still trying to get better. The virus has caused some other issues to arise and we have to back to the doctor tomorrow. My poor little guy. And you know what he wants most? His mommy.

If baby Allison had come this week (in my 37th week of pregnancy) like I wanted her to, I wouldn't have been here to take of my guys. I wouldn't have been available to hold Evan these past 4 days. I wouldn't be able to take him to the doctor. Not to mention the danger a virus like that could pose to a newborn baby. By her staying put, she has been safe through this whole sickness and I've been able to take care of my sweet fellas.

Today I am so thankful that He didn't answer my prayers the way I wanted Him to. This has been such a lesson in trusting His timing and believing that He knows what's best. I am grateful that Dylan and Tyson seem to be on the mend. I am thankful that I am able to take care of Evan and that Allison is safe where she is. Mostly, I am grateful that I can trust my Heavenly Father. He is watching over me and my family and even when I throw a tantrum because He hasn't done what I wanted, He is still doing what is best for me and my family.

Thank you, Father, for knowing what's best and being at work constantly in my life.

Please take a moment to pray for Evan, that he would be able to shake the symptoms of this virus and be back to his normal, fun-loving self. Please also pray that this happens soon, Baby Allison is coming May 30th, ready or not!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes