A Day Full of Love!




Valentine's Day is one of my favorite holidays! I know not everyone cares for it but it is a special day for Bryan and I! 15 years ago on Valentine's Day, Bryan asked me to marry him! It was such a special day and every year on Valentine's Day, we enjoy celebrating the day we became engaged to be married! 

My boys have become big fans of this holiday as well! They really enjoy giving and getting Valentines. Today started off with Dylan and Evan serving me breakfast in bed! It was just a bowl of fruit loops and a bottle of water (since I can't eat much in the mornings with this pregnancy) but I'm telling you, those were the best fruit loops I'd ever eaten! It was such a sweet gesture! They also made me cards and gifts and surprised me with flowers and homemade chocolate covered strawberries!

The boys and I also decided to share love with others on this special day because, "We love because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19. We made lots of homemade Valentine cards and spent the morning at our favorite nursing home. The folks were so excited to see us! They're starting to remember our faces and names! I love building relationships with these amazing people. I also enjoy watching my boys interact with them and show them love. The elderly love to talk to children! I'm so thankful my kiddos can bring a smile to their faces! 





This evening Bryan and I celebrated by going out to dinner, just the two of us (thanks Mom!) We went to Arigato Japanese Steakhouse, where Bryan proposed to me exactly 15 years ago! We rarely go there anymore because there are several Japanese Steakhouses closer to our house but we wanted to go to the place I said "yes" tonight. I'm so glad we did. It was so sweet to remember that day together! God has brought us so far in 15 years. Honestly, I would hardly recognize those young people now. We gave our marriage to HIM years ago and He has been so faithful in our lives!



Today I am grateful for love! For the love my husband and I share, the love I feel for my children and they feel for me, and for the Love of Jesus that floods our hearts and oozes out from time to time! I'm thankful for the chance to love on one another as a family and also the folks at Brookdale Nursing Home. Today was a day full of love and celebration! We have so much to be grateful for!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes