Better than the best thing!

Bryan and I help with UPSTREET at our church on Sunday mornings. UPSTREET is the program our church has for 1st -5th grade students. It begins with a worship time for the students, a "big" talk by the youth pastor and then small group time. Bryan and I help with the worship time. I'm usually dancing with the dance team but recently, Bryan and I have both helped lead worship by singing with the praise team. 

This morning we were all singing, "Better Than the Best Thing." Some of the kids on the dance team were standing behind me on the stage singing as loudly as they could. I gotta say, there are fewer things more precious than hearing 9-10 year old children singing about Jesus! Hearing their sincere voices yelling out praises to our Lord gave me chills!

 Just imagine these sweet children singing,

"I can't stop my lips from singing
I can't stop my voice from shouting about Your love
Its everything I've ever wanted.

Jesus, You're better than the best thing,
Your love is making my heart sing.
Nothing can ever separate me from You.

Your name is higher, high above any other
I'll sing Your praise forever. 
There is no one greater than You!"

Today I am thankful for our church, for UPSTREET, and all the faithful volunteers that are passionate about teaching our children to worship our Savior! As a child, I never knew anything about worshiping God. It was completely foreign to me. As an adult, there is nothing I would rather do. I am so grateful that these elementary aged students are learning to worship at a young age and I pray that worshiping God will be a part of their lives always. Jesus deserves the praise of every person, young and old, because He is better than the best thing!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes