Sometimes a Mommy just has to brag!

I have been amazed at how fast Dylan is able to pick up things I have been teaching him. So, for the past week I have been giving him the kindergarten assessment that we used at the last school I taught at. This assessment isn't as easy as most people might assume. It includes writing your full name, telling your age and birthday, reciting the alphabet, recognizing all upper and lowercase letters, distinguishing letters from words, giving the letter sound for consonants and vowels both long and short, rhyme recognition, rhyme production, concept of spoken word skills, syllable blending, syllable segmentation, syllable deletion, rote counting, writing numbers, counting objects in a set, and identifying colors and shapes. He scored 93.26 out of 100! To be considered "high," a student's score must be in the 75-100 range. I just have to say it again, my 3 year old son scored a 93.26!

The Kindergarten Assessment

Here are the numbers 1-10

Dylan wrote the alphabet all by himself! 

WOW! Today I am thankful for the blessing of being able to stay home with my sons. I am also thankful for my education background which has enabled me to know the best ways to teach him. He is so smart!  He is learning something new everyday and he loves it. I pray that he will always enjoying learning!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes