I'll Never Be Enough

There's nothing like the holiday season to cause a woman to become painfully aware of her inadequacies. In addition to all of our normal tasks, we add in shopping, decorating, hosting events, baking, attending special programs, wrapping tons of presents, making crafts, sending out Christmas cards, planning fun activities to make the season magical, and trying to keep everyone focused on the real reason we celebrate Christmas.

There are also countless other things we may be dealing with, depending on the circumstances of our lives. Some of us have lost a loved one or are enduring a difficult financial situation. Some are trying to heal relationships or going through a divorce. Some of us have physcial aliments or are taking care of a sick a family member. Some are being treated poorly by others or trying to navigate a new season of life. The situations we face are numerous and cannot typically be put on hold during the holidays.

This morning, as I was looking at my to-do list, searching for something in the piles of laundry, preparing to start homeschool for the day, and trying to calm one of my children down, I felt my heart sink. In my mind I cried out to the Lord saying, "I'll never be enough, God." Immediately, I heard a reply from the One who hears my prayers. He whispered, "You're right. You will never be enough, but that's okay because I am always more than enough." 

Then a familiar verse popped into my mind and my heart settled. Second Corinthians 12:9 (TPT) says, "He answered me, 'My grace is always more than enough for you, and my power finds its full expression through your weakness.' So I will celebrate my weaknesses, for when I’m weak I sense more deeply the mighty power of Christ living in me." 

As I thought about God's words and the verse He reminded me of, I realized that no matter what I do or how hard I try, I am only human. I will never be able to do it all or make everyone happy. There will be times that I can't get it all done or meet every deadline. There is no point in comparing myself to others or even to past versions of myself. I must stop striving and rest in God's power, which is made perfect in my weakness. 

This Christmas season, I pray women everywhere will be able to rest in God's power, realizing that we will never be enough, but He always is!


Tori


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes