Does Gratitude Ever Leak from Your Eyes and Roll Down Your Cheeks?


Does gratitude ever leak from your eyes and roll down your cheeks?

It happened to me yesterday.

It was Mother's Day, which is wonderful for so many reasons but also causes a bit of a sting for me, as it does for so many others. I have two children in Heaven, one that I miscarried in 2007 and one that I aborted in 1999. My heart aches at the thought of never being able to celebrate special days with my babies in Heaven.

At church we sang "God, I look to You." The first verse of that song says, "Give me vision to see things like You do." As I sang those words, the Holy Spirit gave me the most precious vision. He showed me my babies, peeking through the clouds. It was as if they were getting as close as they could to me, even though I couldn't see them.

It's hard to explain the emotions that filled my heart and mind but it was something I couldn't contain. The tears streamed down my cheeks continuously. I wasn't sad. I was so full of gratitude for the vision God had given me and also at the thought of my babies peering down so they could be a part of my day.

We have no way of knowing what Heaven is like but I have to believe, because relationships are so very valuable to God while we're on earth, they must be important in Heaven as well. The vision I saw yesterday wasn't something I've ever imagined or dreamed up. I believe its straight from the Lord because He wants me to know that He cares about the things that matter to me and He wants mt to know that my babies see me and love me. That was such a wonderful Mother's Day gift.

I'm so grateful.

(I never wanted to share my drawings but I keep feeling like I'm supposed to. This drawing is what God gave me yesterday)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes