Just do it!

I walked into the Infusion Center this morning, just like I do every 6-8 weeks for infusion therapy, when I noticed a beautiful Willow Tree figurine on the receptionist's desk. This particular "angel" stood out to me because I recently purchased the same one as a gift for several dear friends. It represents "Bringing a triumpant spirit, inspiration, and courage."


I pointed out the figurine to the receptionst and asked, "That one is a symbol for courage, correct?" She looked at me and said, "Yes, it is, and I desperately need courage today."

As soon as our eyes met, I felt God say, "Pray for her."

She began telling me that her father-in-law just passed away last week, her mother has been battling stage 4 cancer, and her step-dad was just diagnosed with cancer as well. I asked if I could pray for her and with tears in her eyes she accepted my offer.

As I prayed, she wept. 

She thanked me repeatedly for praying and then said, "Today is also the anniversary of my dad's death. I can't even explain how much I needed that today." She told me I was a gift sent to her by God today.

My heart hurts for her, I wish there was more I could do but I am so very grateful that God allowed me to bless her by listening and praying. I've talked with her many times before, at every infusion appointment, but I've never felt the need to pray for her until today. I'm convinced its because God knew today would be the day she needed prayer the most. I believe He put me in this doctor's office on this day, at this time, for that very reason. I pray she sees that too and that she feels so incredibly loved by the Father.

Sometimes I'm tempted to ignore those promptings from Holy Spirit because I feel unworthy to be used by Him. Today's conversation is proof that God orchestrates everything perfectly and even the seemingly mundane things of life can be an opportunity to be used by Him.

Regardless of where you are or what you're doing, if you feel the need to pray for someone or bless them in some way, I encourage you to do it! Even if you feel sort of silly or wonder if you heard God correctly, just do it. You never know how much it may mean to the person you minister to. We have no clue what's going on the lives of those around us, so our simple expressions of concern and care could be exactly what they need. 


Tori

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes