Change is Necessary and Beautiful

 Over the past several days, I have been in awe of the the gorgeous colors of fall. I simply cannot get enough of all the trees and leaves. Yesterday, as I was basking in the the incredible scenery, I felt God whisper to my heart, "Autumn reveals how necessary change is and how beautiful it can be."

Regardless of who you are or where you live or what you do, change is a part of everyone's life from time to time. Things just don't stay the same forever. It could be a job, a relationship, a health concern, or any other circumstance of life, but we can be sure that change is something we all deal with. 

So many times we are opposed to change. We often fear leaving what we know and facing something new. Sometimes we are truly hurt by a person or situation. God may have allowed it because He knew it was necessary for change to occur in order for us to continue growing into the person He created us to be.

Over the past year I have experienced change in many ways. My family sold our house and moved into an amazing new home, God directed and shifted my ministry into a more streamlined focus, one of my children was diagnosed with dyslexia which changed homeschooling for us, we found a new church home, and a friendship/partnership ended in a painful way. I've experienced so many good things and few not-so-good, but either way, all that change has been stressful, especially while walking through it.

As I've enjoyed all the lovely autumn leaves, I've been reminiscent over all those changes and I've realized how grateful I am for each one. Now I can see that even those difficult situations and hurtful circumstances were necessary and used by God to ensure that my family and I are where He wants us to be and with those He wants us to be with. 

Change is hard, but its also beautiful and so very necessary.


Today, I challenge you (and me) to remember how beautiful and necessary change is each time we notice the seasons changing. Without fall, we would never have spring. Without winter, we would never have summer. Maybe it would be easier to simply embrace the change because we know that God is going to do great things in and through it. 

Tori




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes