No Matter What---Worship

The past several weeks I've been going to a Bible study at a friend's house. As I've traveled to her home each week, I've noticed this random street sign. It is placed near the edge of a large piece of land. There are no roads going through that land. There are also no roads across the highway either. There's just grass, bushes, and gravel around this sign. 




Interesting, huh? A street sign in an area that has no roads.  I am perplexed by this sign every time I see it. I always wonder why the sign is there. The first few times I drove by, I didn't even notice the word on the sign. After a couple of trips back and forth, I realized it said, "Worship." Of course, I began wondering what I could learn from that fascinating sign.


During one of my trips to and from Bible study, God revealed something that spoke to my heart. Just as the "worship" sign stands tall right in the middle of the grassy, gravely area with no roads, where it looks out of place, worship needs to be a staple in our lives no matter what. 

When things make no sense and we have no clue which way to turn, the best thing we can do is worship. 

When we're enjoying the blessings of life and our cup overflows, the best thing we can do is worship.

When life is chaotic and we feel overwhelmed, the best thing we can do it worship. 

When times are tough and tears stream down our faces, the best thing we can do is worship. 

When things are wonderful and our lives are full of joy, the best thing we can do is worship. 

When life is full of uncertainity and we're tempted to doubt and worry, the best thing we can do is worship. 

No matter what-- worship.

Currently, I'm using this reminder to help me navigate a very overwhelming and busy time in my life. Packing up a family of six to move to a new home while leading a ministry and writing a book is crazy (in a wonderful way).  At times it can feel like there are no roads and no directional signs; just simply chaos. Thinking about that road sign reminds me to worship, right here in the middle of all the chaos and excitement. Even if it seems out of place, worship is always the best thing for me to do. 

I am thankful for worship. It revives me, renews me, and refocuses me. Placing my attention on my Heavenly Father instead of the circumstances surrounding my life, always corrects my perspective and helps me continue on the journey God has for me.

Tori

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes