When the Path is Unclear



Last week, I drove 20 miles each way, twice a day, to take Evan to summer camp. Every morning and afternoon, as I drove down the interstate, I saw this random street sign. It is placed near the edge of large piece of land. There are no roads going through that land. There are also no roads across the highway either. Just grass, bushes, and a little for sale sign.

Interesting, huh? A street sign in an area that has no roads.  I was perplexed by this sign every time I saw it. I kept wondering why the sign was there. The first few times I drove by, I didn't even notice the word on the sign. After a couple of trips back and forth, I realized it said, "Worship." I found myself wondering what I could learn from that fascinating sign.

During one of my trips to and from camp, God revealed something that spoke to my heart. Just as the "Worship" sign is right in the middle grassy area with no roads, we need to worship right in the middle of our mess. When things make no sense and we have no clue which way to turn, the best thing we can do is worship.

When the path is unclear, worship.

We can worship even when we feel lost or forgotten, because we know of the amazing things God has done (Psalm 77:11) and the many wonderful plans He has for each of us. (Jeremiah 29:11)

I was reminded of that truth last week. This week, I'm using it to help me navigate an obscure, shadowy path that hasn't been traveled by many before me. It appears there are no roads and no directional signs and very few people are willing to go with me. But in my mind, I see that road sign and it reminds me to worship, right here in the middle of the uncertainty. I am tempted to doubt and worry and hide but that little sign encourages me to praise my God instead.

Today I am grateful for little lessons God prepares for me to help me with what's ahead. I don't always pay enough attention to learn those lessons but when I do, its helpful and faith building to know that He is always looking out for me. I am also thankful for worship. It revives me, renews me, and refocuses me. Placing my attention on my Heavenly Father instead of the situation I'm facing always corrects my perspective and helps me continue on my journey.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes