Putting On Our Armor!


It is becoming abundantly clear to me how true the Bible is when it says, "For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms." Ephesians 6:12. As our kids grow up, Bryan and I want to teach them how to be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power. As we are teaching the kids, we're also learning ourselves.

Honestly, its pretty awkward to learn this as an adult. I've never really thought much about spiritual warfare or how to protect myself from the enemy. It's odd now, to start thinking this way. I love watching my kids learn how to fight this way-- from victory! How awesome will it be for this to become fundamental for them as they grow!?

So, on this very rainy afternoon, my family made the armor of God! This is right up their alley anyway but they seriously loved doing this activity. I wasn't sure how they would do since there was a lot to this project. I am so proud of their hard work and creativity!


Allison loved gluing things on! Glue sticks are her new favorite!

Dylan loved creating his armor. He looked up specific military armor from different eras before deciding how to decorate his.
Tyson had a great time and could not wait to put his armor on!



It was really nice having our whole family together, working on this project.
I love the conversations that pop up during times like these.

Allison had to take a dance break with Daddy!
Evan worked so hard on his armor.
He is so creative!


This is our finished product!

Of course the kids had to pretend to fight!
 Today I am grateful for the helmet of truth to protect our minds, the breastplate of righteousness to protect our hearts, the shield of faith to extinguish the enemy's flaming arrows, feet fitted with readiness, and the sword of the Spirit to fight with. God has given us everything we need for the battles we face. In fact, we really just need all of this armor to keep us safe while God fights for us! We can stand firm as we watch the victory unfold because He has already won!

This is such an amazing truth that gives me so much hope and increases my confidence! I am thankful for the ability to teach my children how to fight from victory while wearing the Armor of God! Its going to be so beneficial to them for all their days! 

Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 
Ephesians 6:10-11

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes