Her turn in the spotlight


As you probably know, since 2011 Tori has been writing a blog highlighting things she is thankful for in everyday life. She’s written nearly 1400 posts, and amassed nearly 200,000 views spanning 5 continents. I thought it was time to take a moment and turn the thanks towards her.

In June of 1996 my life changed forever when I met a cute 13-year-old brunette who had lived right down the street my entire life! I don’t believe in love at first sight, but for us it was. Tori and I started “dating” from that day forward and other than a few small breaks, have spent the rest of our lives together. Times weren’t always great. Putting up with a teenage boy with raging hormones makes for some very tense, often hurtful times. But despite everything Tori stuck with me. Here we are 23 years later (what!!!!), happily married with 4 amazing children!

I’ve had the immense privilege of spending all of these years with the most amazing woman I know and experiencing first hand, all the things she’s written about and more. Many people may not know, but Tori is super woman. Like for real, I honestly don’t know how she manages to juggle all that she does; and she does it very well. Tori is a homeschool mom, teaching a 6th grader, 2nd grader, Pre-K, all with a toddler running around. She runs a successful business, directs and coordinates a homeschool co-op, serves as a board member of the local pregnancy care center, runs bimonthly Quarter Auctions, leads 2 women’s Bible studies, is leading the effort to start a new pro-life non profit ministry, manages to keep a clean house, cook dinner, take the kids to extra curriculars, all while dealing with a debilitating auto immune disorder that causes her to be in nearly constant pain. WOW.

So today, I’d like to show my gratitude for the woman I am blessed to call my wife. Words could never begin to convey how deep my thankfulness for her goes. I am thankful to have met my soulmate at only 15. I’m thankful she was steadfast and stood by me through all the tough times. I’m thankful for our marriage. I’m thankful for her willingness to give up her career in order to teach our children. I’m thankful for her strength in the midst of pain. I’m thankful for her boldness, her drive, and her constant pursuit of the Father. It may sound cliché, but she makes me a better husband, father, and man.   

Tori, thank you for all you do for me, for our family, and for the lives of so many others you touch without even knowing it. You are loved, appreciated, and such a blessing to all of us! And I am thankful for YOU!

Bryan

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes