Nothings Gonna Keep Him Down!


I know I'm probably biased,  but this little guy might be the cutest thing EVER! Tyson is 3 years old and full of spunk! He has always been on the quiet side and still is a lot of the time but lately, he has started letting himself be heard! He is incredibly intelligent and absolutely loves our dog, Miles.

Today was a rough day for my littlest guy. We started off with his first dentist appointment. He did fantastic but, it was a little stressful for him. Once we got home he was playing and having a good ole' time when he fell and busted his lip. This wasn't just a little booboo. This was terrible. There was blood everywhere. One of my sweaters is probably ruined because there was so much blood. Once we got it to stop bleeding, the cut on his lip wasn't too bad but I could tell he was in a lot of pain. At dinner tonight, he hit his forehead on the table and then got choked, pretty badly, on a piece of his food.  After dinner he was playing outside in the yard with Miles when he fell down and literally sat in dog poop.

Bless. His. Heart.

This kid is so resilient. There have been a great deal of tears today. Lots of blood was shed too. But ya know, what? He kept getting back up. He kept his sweet smile and his happy demeanor and never let any of these incidents get him down.

As the day went on I found myself singing a song from my teenage years by Chumbawumba. I sang, "I get knocked down, but I get up again, you're never gonna keep me down!"

While I watched my buddy all day, just taking what life handed him, God reminded me of a passage from 2 Corinthians 4. Verses 8 and 9 say, "We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted,but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed." That verse always makes me think that no matter what happens in our lives or what we endure, because of Jesus we will never be in despair, crushed, abandoned or destroyed. What a sweet promise that is! Tyson illustrated that truth for me today. 

Today I am grateful for the lessons my children teach me. God often uses my kids to remind me of truths from His Word. Much to my frustration, I continue to struggle with fibromymalgia pain even though I've been really modifying my diet and taking new medication and supplements. I really thought I would be feeling better by now but, the pain remains. This truth that Tyson reminded me of today was just what I needed. My Heavenly Father is always right on time!  I am also thankful that my little guy is ok. He had a rough day but he went to bed with a big smile on his face! He got knocked down, but he got up again, nothings gonna keep him down!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes