A Righteous Little Man....


Do you ever get a glimpse of something and you just know God is showing you something incredible? This afternoon we were on our way to a birthday party when I looked back and saw my sweet Evan sleeping in the back seat. He was holding on to a gift he wrapped especially for Levi, his 5 year old cousin. He is also holding a card he made for his aunt, Darcie. He didn't want to even put the gifts down on the ride to the party because giving these gifts is so important to him. As I watched him sleep, my heart swelled with joy. I got a glimpse of who God created him to be. I've know it for a while but this picture just encompasses it so clearly.

Proverbs 21:26 "The righteous gives and does not hold back."

If you know Evan, you know that he is the most giving child on the planet. He will give you the shirt on his back...literally! Bryan and I often have to tell him "no" when he ask if he can give things away. We hate to do it but he literally almost gave away his favorite Christmas present the day after Christmas. He is always giving all of his money away and if we see a homeless person while driving around town, Evan has bags prepared in the car for us to give him or her. He even has own gift making station in our homeschool room to prepare gifts for others. This is the gift God has given him. How special is it to already know that at age 6? 

Today I am grateful for the amazing glimpse I was given of Evan today. He is and will be a righteous man who gives and does not hold back. Bryan and I have known this about Evan for a long time but I was just so touched as I watched my boy sleep today, holding onto the gifts he so carefully put together for others. He is most happy when he is making a gift for someone or giving a gift to someone. God is going to use Evan in a mighty way with this gift!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes