The Little Things

I felt better today than I have in over a month. I'm still pretty weak and get easily worn out but overall, I am feeling 100 times better! Now that I am able to get off the couch, things were somewhat back to normal for our family. Today I was able to change Evan's diapers and put his clothes on him. I got to feed him breakfast and make my own coffee. I cleaned the kitchen this morning and the bathrooms this evening. Dylan and I did a little bit of home-school and made cookies together. I went to dinner with my fellas and then to Hobby Lobby by myself. To finish the day off, I gave my boys a bath and put them to bed. I know all of that is just basic and ordinary but this was such a great day for me!

Today I am thankful for the little things. Spending 3 weeks on bed rest makes the simple things of life seem absolutely wonderful! I have never been so grateful for the opportunity to take care of my family and clean my house. I have often taken these things for granted and even complained about some of them. Not now! Now, I am thankful for the ability to walk around, make meals for my family, drive a car, fold and put away laundry, pick up the toys around the house, or even empty the trashcans. 

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above" James 1:17a

Dearest Lord, Thank you so much for the simple things of life. You've allowed so many blessings in my life that I have so often taken for granted. Thank for you showing me how amazing these simple gifts are. Amen


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty from Ashes

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Boys will be boys...