Is This Really Happening??!!

The past six months have been crazy. 
You know that as well as I do!
We've all dealt with a worldwide pandemic, riots and looting have filled many cities in the US, multiple hurricanes hit land at once, there were earthquakes in strange places, horrific wildfires, swarms of locusts, everything has weird because of social distancing, we're all wearing masks in public, church has been cancelled, public schools are now virtual, and, quite possibly the most important election in US history is coming up in November.  Oh, and I can't forget the murder hornets!

2020 has been one to remember, huh?
Well, I have had another incredibly crazy thing happen this year! 
I wrote and published a book!


I never, ever imagined I would be a published author. Especially not the author of a book about abortion! But last year several people asked if I was planning on writing a book so, I played around with the idea. Right before Christmas I decided to contact some publishers, just to see what might happen. I highly doubted a publisher would want to publish my story. On January 23rd, I was offered a contract with Wipf and Stock Publishing Company. I was floored! 


 These two beautiful ladies helped me tremendously throughout the publishing process. Angela Forker (on the left) took the amazing photo that's on the cover of the book. She also wrote the foreward. Angel Krawczynski (on the right) spent countless hours editing the book. Their input was vital and I am so grateful for all of their hard work. 

I submitted the completed work on April 15th and the book was officially published on July 15th. The entire process has been surreal. Since July I've watched the book climb the Amazon best seller's list for its category. It hit #9 last weekend! 



I've had so many people express gratitude for my willingness to share my story and several share that the book has changed their view of post-abortive women. I've been told many wonderful, lovely things by my readers--things that warm my heart so much. I think my favorite comment has been, "I couldn't put it down!" Those words are obviously exactly what an author wants to hear!

The book has also been given a few official reviews so far, which is very exciting! It's one thing to have friends and family members say nice things but it's entirely different to have professional book reviewers give my book 4 out of 4 stars and write incredibly positive things! 


Last night someone asked me about the book and I said, "well, it just hit #9 on Amazon's best seller's list for its category." And then apparently I just kept talking. He stopped me and said, "How did you just say that so nonchalantly? You should be doing a happy dance! You should be so proud!"
 He's right, I should be! But honestly, I'm just in shock! I never thought I would even speak of my abortion out loud. Now, my story is available for the entire world to read. It's incredible to think that so many people are reading about God's ability to turn a tragedy into a triumph, through my story! I am so honored that God would allow me to be used in such a way!

 As I wrote the book I prayed that my story might draw more post-abortive women (and men) out of hiding to accept God's forgiveness. I also prayed that pro-life advocates might see the importance of loving post-abortive and abortion-minded women. I asked that God might be glorified and that even those with no connection to abortion or the pro-life movement might be touched and inspired by the book. I've already seen these prayers answered in beautiful ways! 



Today I am grateful for the many amazing opportunities God has given me over the past year. I said, "yes" to Him and He has proven that His ways are better and His plans are good! In fact, His plans have blown my mind! So much so that I catch myself saying, "Is this really happening!?"  I am so thankful that I was able to write my story and share it with others but more so, that people are enjoying the book and it's fulfilling its purpose.



 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes