A Day Full of Love


Valentine's Day is one of my favorite days of the year. Seventeen years ago, on Valentine's Day, Bryan asked me to be his wife. So, this day has been extra special to us ever since. We usually go on a date to celebrate but this year we decided to spend the day and evening with our kids. (Don't worry, we're going to dinner and a movie tomorrow night!) We enjoyed a day full love and joy.  One of our favorite things to do as a family is to visit a local nursing home. We decided to go today and hand out valentines. 

It was Allison's first time going without being strapped in a stroller. 
She really enjoyed herself!

Tyson has always loved visiting the elderly. They always love his blond hair and blue eyes!


Evan always has such a gentle touch with the elderly.
He is very concerned over them and makes sure they all get a valentine.




Dylan has been handing out valentines in Nursing homes since he was 2 years old.
We began passing out valentines to all the residents on Valentine's Day when visiting my grandmother.

These were the cards we handed out.
Many of the residents were excited to have these suckers.
They said they hadn't had one of these in years.
I love watching my children bring so much joy to others!

After our trip to the nursing home we had dinner at Chick-fil-a, one of our favorite places. The nuggets even came in a heart tray! The little kids had so much fun playing in the kid's area. Dylan thinks he's too old now, which makes my heart ache a little. Allison is big enough now to have a blast!









 We ended the day watching the new Lego Masters reality show together. The boys loved it!! 



Today I am grateful for a wonderful day celebrating Valentine's Day with all the loves of my life. We had a lot of fun bringing smiles to the residents at Brookdale. We also enjoyed a yummy dinner and an evening snuggling on the couch together. While we were laying there, I looked around and realized something pretty amazing. 17 years ago, when Bryan proposed, it was my dream to be a wife and mother. I am literally living the life I dreamed of. In fact its even better. Much better. 
God has been so incredibly good to me.

Happy Valentine's Day!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes