"Jesus Wuvs Me"



Every single night Allison requests the same book to be read before saying her prayers. She says, "Mommy, read book," and she hands me Princess Prayers.



 Every single night we read through the prayers and she points out some of the things in the pictures. Dogs, trees, crowns, sheep, etc. She also points out some of the people and labels them "Mommy, Me, and Daddy." 



Tonight she pointed out, "Mommy and Me," as she saw two princesses. Then she pointed to a prince and said, "Daddy." There was another princess on the page so Bryan asked her, "Who is this?" She quickly responded, "Jesus!"

That was a first!

I said, "Jesus is always with us, so that makes sense." Then, with the sweetest look on her face, she put her hand on her chest and said, "Jesus wuvs me." 

I thought my heart was going to burst!

Jesus does love you sweet girl! 

Then she put her precious little finger on my forehead and said, "He wuvs you." Moving her finger to Bryan's forehead, she said, "And you."

Yes, He surely does. 

To say my heart was overflowing with joy is a complete understatement! Hearing my adorable 2 year old daughter say, "Jesus wuvs me," was music to my ears! Today I am grateful for all the voices in Allison's life speaking truth over her: teachers at church, grandparents, siblings, friends, and family. I am also thankful that my darling Allison is soaking up what she's taught. There is no foundation better to build her life upon than knowing, "Jesus wuvs me!"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes