Open House!


Last Saturday, August 4th, friends, family, and many supporters from the community came to celebrate all that God has done with Not Forgotten Ministries! This ministry is not something I've always dreamed of leading. In fact, I wasn't even able to speak of abortions until just a few years ago. This ministry was birthed out of my surrender and God's willingness to use little ol' me.  Even few a months ago I had no idea what God wanted me to do, but I just kept hearing "keep going," in my spirit. So, that's what I did! 5 months into this journey, God has done amazing things! 
We have been blessed with the perfect little space just a block diagonally from the Planned Parenthood in Winston Salem. Every single item in our center was donated by a supporter, with the exception of a couple of items in the memorial. Even the sign by the front door was donated! 







  Everything has come together so beautifully. The space is comfortable and "home-y" but also very sophisticated. It is the perfect spot for Bible studies, support groups, meetings, trainings, etc. In the months to come we plan to get an ultrasound machine in our center and offer free ultrasounds to the abortion-minded women we meet on the sidewalk. We also plan to begin offering support groups for families affected by miscarriage, infertility, and postpartum depression. There is so much in store!

  One of my favorite parts of this space is the Memorial for Preborn Babies. Families are able to create a candle holder in honor of a baby lost to abortion, miscarriage, still birth, etc. Honoring a preborn baby this way can offer a lot of healing. 


After everyone had a chance to see the office space, we dedicated this ministry and this building to the Lord. It was truly a special time. My sweet friend, Meghan, led praise songs and Pastor Jeff shared words of encouragement and said a prayer of dedication. My heart was overwhelmed by all the people who came to show their support and pray over Not Forgotten Ministries. I could have never, ever imagined all that God would do in such a short period of time! I've met so many wonderful people who are now some of my biggest supporters and friends! I am grateful for each of these people, as well as my faithful family and friends, for taking the time to help me dedicate this ministry to the One who orchestrated it all.






That afternoon was incredibly hot. Thankfully, as we did the dedication, a cloud came over and gave us some shade. Sunset Slush also helped some, and was enjoyed by all. (Especially Allison, who ate 4 flavors at least!)






After the dedication a large group of us walked to the Planned Parenthood to pray. I stand on the sidewalk there and pray 2 times a week, but there's usually only a couple of us. It was so powerful to see so many godly men and women standing so close that terrible place. We prayed together and sang "Jesus Loves Me," for all the babies lives lost there, for the mother's whose lives were changed forever there, and for the workers who have taken the lives of so many. Jesus loves each of them and our hope, beyond all else, is to share that love and hope with all who enter and exit those doors.



 Today I am over-the-top thankful for the amazing work God has done and for the part He has allowed me to play in it. I am also incredibly grateful for the support and love I have felt throughout this process. Many people have mentioned that several groups have been been praying for 16 years for this type of ministry to have a presence near the Planned Parenthood. It's overwhelming to see their sincerity and appreciation for Not Forgotten Ministries. I'll never understand why God has chosen me to be a part of the answer to their prayers, but I am humbled and grateful for the faithfulness and provision I've witnessed. He continues to amaze me!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes