When Your Life Isn't Worth Insuring....

Last week a letter arrived in the mail that surprised me. With Bryan's recent job change, we've been getting lots of paperwork about new benefit information. I never expected one of those envelopes to contain a letter from a life insurance agency saying DENIED. 

I laughed at the letter when it arrived but as the week went on, I couldn't stop thinking about it. What 36-year-old woman isn't eligible for life insurance?  Ankylosing Spondylitis is a rare autoimmune disorder that wreaks havoc on the body and is very, very serious but, it never crossed my mind that it would cause me to be considered unworthy of receiving life insurance. 

Being told that your life isn't worth insuring will play games with your mind! It will cause questions to flood your mind. Some anger, depression, and fear come right along with those questions. This is one of those times where I have to choose to not to believe what the world says about me. Instead, I have to embrace what God says about me. 

Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. Psalm 139:16

Why, even the hairs of your head are all numbered. Fear not; you are of more value than many sparrows. Luke 12:7

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans for welfare and not for evil, to give you a future and a hope. Jeremiah 29:11

The earth is the Lord’s, and everything in it, the world, and all who live in it. Psalm 24:1

Surely God is my help; the Lord is the One who sustains me. Psalm 54:4

I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. Psalm139:14

Long life is in her right hand; in her left hand are riches and honor. 
Proverbs 3:16

I will reward them with a long life and give them my salvation. Psalm 91:16

Today I am thankful that insurance companies aren't the ones who determine the value of my life. I am grateful that Ankylosing Spondylitis doesn't define me or get the final say. Regardless of the lack of value the world places on my life, I know without a doubt that I am valuable to the One who gave me life. Being DENIED coverage for life insurance has caused me to preach God's Word over myself and for that, I am thankful! 

When your life isn't worth insuring according to the world, remember that the world's standard is warped, inaccurate, and invalid.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes