Here's Why--



I began writing this blog 8 years ago. That absolutely blows my mind! How has it been 8 years? Honestly, deciding to write this blog and sticking with it for 8 years has been such a blessing to me. I truly believe Living a Life of Gratitude has changed my life! 
Gratitude has changed me. 

Here's why---

It is our tendency, as human beings, to focus on what we don't have, what we dislike about a situation, and what we wish could be different. Choosing to seek out all the things we are thankful for (even when it seems like there isn't much) will completely change our perspective. Changing our perspective will cause fear to flee and trust to rise. 

When we are trusting in the Lord, believing He is who He says He is and will do what He says He will do and then pointing out to ourselves and others all the sweet blessings we have, suddenly there is an abundance that we never noticed before. It might be an answered prayer, much-needed provision, or even a change in our circumstances. It might actually be none of those things. Even still, the absence of negativity and fear allows love and joy to swell up all around us.

Living each day from a place of gratitude instead of a place of self-pity and entitlement will inevitably lead to worship. If we are living in a way that causes us to notice the abundance of gifts and blessings all around us, how could we not worship the Giver of these gifts!?

Maybe this is the abundant life Jesus mentions in John 10:10 which says, "The thief comes to kill, steal, and destroy but I have come that you might have life and have it abundantly."

I love the second part of this verse in the  Passion Translation. It says,"But I have come to give you everything in abundance, more than you expectlife in its fullness until you overflow!

Today I am grateful for the abundance that is all around us. I am grateful for the change in perspective this blog has produced in me so that I might be more aware of that abundance. I am grateful for the trust that has developed and the joy that has been imparted to me.

When I look back over these 8 years of blog posts, there are SOOOO many gifts and blessings even though my family has also endured many hard, scary, difficult things. God is doing His thing all the time. He never turns His back on us. 

If you ever wonder if there is something to be grateful for, consider what you entered this world with. Nothing. Everything else is a gift, even if it doesn't look the way you thought it should. 

Choosing to live from a place of gratitude gives us eyes to see the abundance all around.


Let everyone give all their praise and thanks to the Lord! Here's why-- He's better than anyone could ever imagine. Yes, He's always loving and kind, and His faithful love never ends. So, go ahead---let everyone know it! Tell the world how He broke through and delivered you from the power of darkness and has gathered us together from all over the world. He has set us free to be His very own! Psalm 107:1-3 (TPT)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes