Our 4 Year Old Surprise!


Four years ago today, Bryan and I got the biggest surprise of our lives!  Each year on all of my kid's birthdays, I spend time looking at photos and watching their birth videos and reading the blogs I wrote about their births. Today was no different. As I read the blog I wrote about our surprise BOY, one of the sentences struck me. I had written, "Although surprises aren't always easy for planners like me, I'm 100% positive that this will turn out to be the best surprise Bryan and I ever receive!"

Wow, 4 years later I can already say, "YES, YES, YES!" 

I cannot imagine life without our sweet boy, Tyson! He has brought so much joy and laughter and love into our home. He has been a mommy's boy and my sweet snuggle-buddy since day 1!  I knew that day that God allowed this surprise for a purpose. We had planned to get my tubes tied while I was in the hospital but with the big surprise, we decided to wait. Because of that, our family ended up growing again 2 years later which wouldn't have happened without Tyson being a surprise. God knew what He was doing. He knew that our family was supposed to be a family of 6! I've gotta say, He has taught me so much from this surprise also. 

I just had to share a few pictures of my third son, Tyson. His smile is contagious and his joy is never-ending. I had a hard time deciding which pictures to share because there are thousands of cute pictures of this adorable boy!

Just a few minutes after hearing, "It's a boy!" The nurses
found these blue items for us because we had was pink stuff!

Always smiling!

He loved standing in his crib! He was about 10 months old here.

This little fella and his doughnuts!!! He loves doughnuts!

He loves riding his tricycle! He started super young to be like his big brothers!

1st trip to the dentist! He loved the sunglasses!
He's teaching Allison how to go "potty"


This fella loves baseball too!!!
Making cookies!!! He always loves to help me cook!
Miles is his best buddy!!!!

Today I am grateful for my buddy, Tyson. I can't believe he is 4 years old already! How is that possible? I am so thankful for his happy heart, his creative imagination, his determination, and his agreeable spirit. I cannot imagine life without this spunky little guy in our family. Tyson is truly the best surprise we've ever received. I am also grateful that God's plans are so much better. We thought we were having a girl, we planned for a girl, but we were given a boy and he has blessed our lives abundantly! Thank you, Lord, for our sweet Tyson and for the plans you've had for our family!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes