When God Does HIS Thing!


Words cannot adequately express how happy my heart has been today! God has been stirring something up within me over the past few months and it came to life this morning! Today we began a new homeschool co-op at HopeCity. Our group is called the Students of the Spirit.

1 John 2:27a --But you have received the Holy Spirit, and He lives within you, so you don’t need anyone to teach you what is true. For the Spirit teaches you everything you need to know.

I've been working alongside the Children's director and one of the Pastors at HopeCity to organize and plan this co-op.  They have supported my vision and my crazy ideas and it couldn't have gone better! 2 Tuesdays per month we'll have a time of worship, a Bible lesson for the students, a "mom-time" for the all the Mommas, someone sharing a gift that God has given them, the opportunity to participate in that gift, and then we'll eat lunch together. 

Our worship time

Bible lesson for the elementary students

"Mom-time!"

Learning about Ms. Adrienne's gift of painting 

Bible lesson for the middle/high school students

The middle and high school kids painting.

Evan loved painting as an act of worship! He told me amazing things about his paintings.

Look how beautiful their art is! 

The kids enjoyed participating in this gift God has given Ms. Adrienne!

I love this group of homeschool families! 

Lunch time and fellowship!

Today I am grateful for the vision God imparted to me for homeschool families in this area. He gave me a dream for something different....not your average Homeschool co-op! Our mission statement is to empower students and parents to understand and experience what it means to walk in the fullness of Holy Spirit. Each semester might look different as we explore what it means to walk with the Spirit but this semester's focus is to expose our children to the vast array of gifts and talents God has given his children and give them the space to explore their personal gifts and cultivate those gifts to further the Kingdom.

Today's meeting was better than I even dreamed. With the help of so many Mommas and the prayers of so many friends, this co-op is something amazing! God is doing something special and I am eternally grateful that He would use to me in such a wonderful way!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes