Thank you Billy Graham!


Yesterday I heard the news that Reverend Billy Graham had passed away. My heart was tempted to be a little sad at the news but I just couldn't be too upset. I can only imagine the glorious welcome he must have received as he entered the gates of Heaven---the same Heaven he told so many people about!

The picture above is from Billy Graham's Crusade in Charlotte in 1996. Believe it or not, I am somewhere in that stadium, at that crusade. Bryan's youth group attended the event and he invited me to come along. For the first time ever, I truly heard the gospel and I decided to give my heart to Jesus. Reverend Graham asked those who wanted to surrender their lives to come forward onto the field so I asked Bryan to go with me, and he did. It was an incredible experience! So many people, so much excitement, so much love for Jesus. 

Today I am grateful for the life Billy Graham lead. He was such a godly man, on a mission to tell as many people as he could about Jesus. I am so thankful that I was one of those people. My life was forever changed because of his obedience and willingness to share the gospel with all that would listen. I am grateful for all the ways God used Billy Graham and the legacy he left behind. Its such a sweet thought to imagine how joyful Billy must have been as he heard God say, "Well done, thy good and faithful servant." 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes