What a Difference 13 years makes!


13 years ago today I married the love of my life. It was the the most perfect day. We were young, in love, and excited to spend the rest of our lives together. The wedding was gorgeous, the honeymoon was incredible, and our life together was starting. I cannot believe its been 13 years since that amazing day! 

If you had asked me on my wedding day what I thought our life would look like in 13 years, I would have never said that we would have 4 children, that I would be homeschooling our children, or that my greatest desire would be to raise godly children who know how loved they are. It's amazing to look back and see all that God has done in my life, Bryan's life, and our marriage over these years. We may physically resemble those twenty something kids in the picture above but I barely recognize them in almost every other way. Bryan and I have grown so much. God has been molding us into the wife and husband He created us to be. He has been shaping us into the parents He made us to be. He has changed our priorities and our focus. We are by no means perfect but I am so grateful for all the changes that have occurred.


Today I am grateful for my marriage, for my husband, and for all that God has done in our lives. I am thankful for these sweet babies He has entrusted to us to raise and love. I am overwhelmed by His goodness and all the ways that He has blessed Bryan and I. We are different than we were on this day 13 years ago. Different in so many wonderful ways. Our wedding day is one my favorite days but I wouldn't go back because I'm so happy with the life God has given us.

My, what a difference 13 years makes!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes