GIFTS



Children are a gift from the LORD; they are a reward from him.
Psalm 127:3


Three weeks ago we became a family of six! I still can't believe we have four children! And honestly, no one else can believe it either. Everywhere we go people are so amazed to see a family with four children! We've been asked if they're all ours, if we're "done" now, if they were all planned, etc. It's amazing what people will say!

We had the photo above made when Allison was just 4 days old. When Elizabeth, the photographer, showed me this final product, I literally cried. All I could see when I looked at that photo was gifts....gifts from our Heavenly Father. The Bible says that children are a gift from the Lord, a reward from Him and I know that to be true! We don't deserve these babies. We aren't the most qualified parents. We don't even know what we're doing most of the time, but God has blessed us abundantly with these little lives! 

I know four kids seems like a lot and I'm sure there will be many, many days where we feel overwhelmed and unsure of how we'll successfully raise all of them. But today I am grateful for these GIFTS that God has given. He has given Bryan and I such a great reward. As I snuggle with Allison, hold Tyson's hand, hug Evan, and talk with Dylan, I can't help but say "Thank You" to the One who placed them in our lives.  

I pray that I will remember the flood of gratitude I feel now on those hard, long days where impatience and frustration seem to win. Parenting is hard but its what we were made to do. 
I am so thankful for these precious little people for they are a great reward.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes