For these daughters, we have prayed...

About 10 months ago my best friend, Valerie, and I began praying for something very specific. She had recently had a miscarriage and I had recently found healing and freedom from the abortion I had when I was 16 years old. We were both desiring daughters and since the Bible tells us to ask God for the desires of heart, we did. We spent time in my sunroom, praying together, asking our God to give us daughters. We hoped that He had heard our prayers but honestly, we were both surprised when we found out in October that we would both be having babies! 


A few months later we both found out that we would be having little girls!!! We had asked God for daughters and He had blessed us both with girls! We have been so thrilled. Since we both have three little boys already, the thought of us  having girls was super excited for our families!


As we approached the end of our pregnancies, we were ready to have these girls!!! It felt like they would never be born. On May 30th my doctor induced labor  at 7:15am. Valerie and I were in touch all morning. She was planning to come meet Allison as soon as she was born! In the afternoon, I got a text from Valerie saying that she would be having her baby on the SAME DAY!  She had been to the doctor and he had decided that she needed to go ahead and have her c-section. We were both in shock! The baby girls that we asked God for would be born on the same day! How incredible is that? 

Allison was born at 4:20pm and Isabelle was born at 6:08pm. 
Less than 2 hours apart!

Today our girls "met" one another for the very first time. They are both 5 days old! It was so special and emotional for Valerie and me. Here we were, holding these daughters that we had prayed for. 

Incredible.
Allison and Isabelle , 5 days old

Me holding sweet baby Isabelle

Valerie holding baby Allison





Today I am grateful for answered prayer. We asked God for daughters and not only did he answer our prayers, He allowed them to be born on the same day! To think about all the details He is involved in and all the ways He worked this experience out for us, is mind blowing. He loves us so much. He did all of this to help us feel His presence in our lives and in our friendship. He is amazing! I am also thankful for these precious little girls. They are destined to be great friends. They are beautiful and perfect. They are daughters of the One True King. What a sweet blessing it is to be given the opportunity to raise these girls together! 

I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him.
1 Samuel 1:27

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes