My FAVORITE Christmas Day Tradition!


A few years ago Bryan and I decided to start a new Christmas Day tradition. It has quickly become my very favorite thing we do to celebrate Christmas! Since Jesus has shown us so much love, we thought it would be a good idea for our family to visit some folks that might not feel very loved on Christmas. Did you know there are MANY elderly folks that have no visitors on Christmas day? It breaks my heart to so many sweet men and women spending this special day alone. I'm so glad our little family can bring them some joy!

We started visiting Brookdale nursing home on Christmas day three years ago. We enjoyed it so much that we began visiting other times throughout the year also. We were thrilled that so many of the residents remembered us today! Many of them were overjoyed by the news that we will be having a little girl! One lady showed us that she has been saving all the cards we've brought. It touched my heart so much! She has them taped to the door where she can see them everyday. While looking at our simple gifts on her door, I was reminded how much a small act of a kindness can mean to someone else. 

The boys always smile and wave, give hugs and say "I love you" to the residents.

Our cards and gifts taped on one of the resident's doors!
This man sang "I'm dreaming of a White Christmas" for us!
This sweet lady was thrilled that we'll be adding a girl to the family!

Today I am grateful for this wonderful family tradition. Visiting all of these precious folks brings joy to them as well as us! You never know how much a simple card and a smile will mean to someone else! What a special blessing this tradition has become! I am also thankful for all that my kids are learning. It is so amazing to watch them interact with the elderly. Even Tyson was freely saying "I love you!" to the residents! I love watching my babies bring so much happiness and laughter to others!

I pray that your Christmas Day was as wonderful as ours!!!!
Merry Christmas!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes