A Weekend Full of Love!

"We love because He first loved us." 1 John 4:19

Our family had a wonderful weekend! It was a weekend full of love!!! We started by making lots and lots of valentines to take to our favorite nursing home. We had so much fun delivering these valentines. The residents are starting to recognize our family when we visit and our boys are starting to connect with some of them. It is so heart warming to watch my boys bring joy so many people. Dylan cannot wait to go back so that we can talk with some of the residents again and Evan, he was immediately best buddies with a few residents. Tyson especially brings all the older ladies a lot of joy. They can't get over how cute he is! Visiting Brookdale Nursing Home is always such a blessing to our family!  I hope that it is as much of a blessing to the folks that live there!








We also shared the love of Jesus this weekend by serving soup and bread at Hope City's Down Town campus. It was a neat opportunity that I am grateful our family was able to take part in. I love watching my fellas serve others. Even though they don't always want to share with one another, they sure do enjoy sharing with others!


My fellas also loved on me this Valentine's Day! I got a new necklace, a box of chocolates, and a dozen red roses! Evan demanded that I be given red roses! I love how much thought my guys put into the gifts they give me! They always make sure I feel loved! I also got to spend the evening with my Valentine of 20 years (yes, we've been together for 20 years!!!) We walked around the mall (this is heavenly when you usually have 3 littles running through the mall!) and  then we had dinner at one of our favorite Japanese restaurants. 

Today I am grateful for love! Whether its love given by your husband, child, or even a stranger, love is truly a gift. This weekend has been full of love!  We love one another because Christ loved us! He is our example. He is the reason we love our family, our neighbors, the elderly, and those who are less fortunate. I cannot imagine a better way to celebrate Valentine's Day!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes