13 Kids, 3 Fire Stations, 1 Afternoon!

As part of our December Acts of Kindness, we wanted to say "Thank you" to some of our community's brave fire fighters! With several other homeschooling families, we visited three fire stations in High Point. We gave them homemade Thank You cards and Christmas treats. The kids were so proud of the gifts they gave the fire fighters and the firemen were so happy to have such small visitors! At each fire station the kids got to see the trucks, climb inside, and chat with the fire fighters. It was so much fun for all involved!



The whole gang....that's a whole bunch of kiddos!
Tyson was amazed!
The Fire Fighters were so appreciative of their Christmas goodies!
Dylan has always loved fire trucks!
These boys were in heaven!
See me pulling out my hair?? This is the way moms look
after taking 13 children (mostly boys!) to three different fire stations!

Today I am grateful for these families that are in the same season of life as our family. I can't imagine doing life without these friends! Some might think we've lost our minds....taking 13 kids to three different fire stations in one afternoon...that does seem a little crazy! But we all want to teach our children the importance of showing kindness and love to those around us! I am thankful that God placed these families in my life and my children's lives. I am also grateful for the fire fighters in our community and for the opportunity to show our appreciation to them. Today was tiring but a lot of fun and worth every hair I pulled out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes