Exploring Nature....

We had the best day today! We started off the day by driving along the Blue Ridge parkway, taking in all the amazing views and then had lunch at the "Peak of the Parkway at Pisgah Inn." Next we went to the Cradle of Forestry which was America's first school of Forestry. I wasn't sure if we would enjoy visiting there but it ended up being an absolutly wonderful time. We walked over 2 miles of nature trails together. The weather was perfect and the leaves were beautiful. We saw how the first Forestry students lived and learned and how the woods provide for so many of our needs. There was a steam train that used to be used in the Pisgah mountains for logging. The train was, of course, the highlight of the day for Dylan and Evan! I loved spending the day exploring nature with my family. The boys were given compasses, magnifying glasses, bug lenses, and tracking guides to help them as they explored. They loved it! It was the perfect day for exploring and enjoying all that God has created.

All of us at lunch
Exploring in the woods
Evan ringing the steam train's bell
Dylan with Bryan on the steam train
Cutie Pies
Laying in nature's carpet....moss
Tyson enjoyed being outside too!
The Blue Ridge Parkway...extraordinary views!
Me and my hubby
Today I am thankful for the amazing world God has created. I so enjoyed exploring it with my family today. The boys had so much fun being outside, running around in the woods!  I love watching them encounter things in nature for the first time. I am also grateful for a relaxed family vacation. We were able to spend all day just riding along the Blue Ridge Parkway and strolling through the trails at the Cradle of Forestry. At home, life feels much more rushed. I'm thankful for a few unrushed moments together as a family. We are definitely enjoying our time together.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes