Forgotten Memories

While cleaning out the bathroom closet today, I found a small bag of alcohol swabs, bandages, and other medical supplies. The prescription on the bag said to inject the medication with a syringe once daily. The name on the bag was my name and the date was from my back surgery last year. I have absolutely no recollection of this prescription. I immediatey ran out and asked Bryan if he knew what this was. He reminded me that after my surgery I gave myself shots in the stomach for a week or two. The injections were to keep from getting an infection in the surgical site.

Wow, Really?! I do not remember giving myself those shots! Since I have no memory of it, I'm surprised that I was even capable of injecting myself.  Today I am thankful that God brought me through that crazy time. To be honest, I'm also grateful for forgotten memories...I'm not at all upset that I don't remember giving myself those shots!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Please don't give me a wedgie!

Psalm 84: 11-12

Beauty from Ashes